|Title:||Customer Service Representative|
|Location:||Fort Walton Beach, FL|
|Posting Start Date:||08/05/2019|
|Salary Range:||Entry Level Hourly Rate - $14.00|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posting End Date:||08/16/2019|
General Description of the Position:
Under general supervision, this position performs extensive customer service and detailed clerical work requiring application of various work methods, procedures, policies, practices and departmental functions related to the processing of documents and files.
Essential Job Functions:
The list of essential functions as outlined herein is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Delivers courteous and professional customer service at the front counter, resolving customer complaints and problems, and answering inquiries all in accordance with existing statutory limits.
- Identities customer’s needs, research issues and provides solutions and/or alternatives.
- Generates correspondence, notices and reports according to established policies/practices of assigned area.
- Scan/image and index documents according to departmental procedures.
- Accurately enters data into case management system as required.
- Accurately tracks files in a records management application for retrieval.
- Issues marriage licenses and passports.
- Receives, screens, sorts, processes and routes incoming mail to appropriate functional area or inter-department agency.
- Performs record searches when necessary.
- Clocks documents in accordance with task outlines.
- Updates forms, packets, and reference materials as needed.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Maintains established organizational/departmental productivity standards.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, supplemented by one (1) year of recent and relevant customer service experience.
- Ability to meet the public and effectively address their needs in a courteous, tactful, professional manner. Possess the ability to cope with customers in impromptu situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and possess the ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, general public, title companies, businesses, governmental agencies and attorneys, judges, and passport agency employees.
- Ability to use a computer terminal to quickly and accurately enter data.
- Knowledge of a wide range of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures, office equipment and terminology.
- Ability to learn and understand specialized information, including codes, rules, policies, procedures, forms and legal terms, and apply that knowledge in carrying out job assignments accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work with confidential and/or sensitive data, interpret and comply with state and federal guidelines as well as legal advice restrictions for the Clerk & Comptroller's office.
- Work in an environment that includes frequent interruptions and simultaneous detailed attention to multiple tasks.
- Ability to sit or stand at front counter for extended periods of time, while concentrating on repetitious or complex tasks. Ability to work within time constraints and workload surges. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions while maintaining speed and accuracy.
- Ability to lift boxes of files weighing approximately 10 – 20 pounds; to push a cart loaded with files; to bend, stoop, and reach to retrieve files and supplies.
The Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Clerk of the Court to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.