|Posting Start Date:||N/A|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posting End Date:||N/A|
Responsible for auditing, processing and issuing payments to vendors providing service for Okaloosa County Board of County Commissioners, Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections, and Okaloosa County Clerk of Circuit Court and Comptroller. Disbursement payments may include but not limited to checks, electronic funds transfer, purchasing cards, and wires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Handle vendor accounts, assuring invoices presented are accurate, include adequate documentation, and are authorized by responsible parties prior to payment.
- Monitor accuracy of invoice charges and timeliness of payments to vendors.
- Determine if payment request falls within regulations, policies, and procedures of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Sort, date/time stamp and distribute incoming mail.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Audit and process purchasing card statements.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to all vendor inquires.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Perform fiscal and calendar year end processes.
- Work with external auditors when required.
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor for any accounting discrepancies or significant issues.
- Complete special projects and all work assignments as required.
- Cross train on other areas of equal and lesser complexity and serve as a backup for those functions.
- Demonstrate considerable ability to analyze complex data, document and exercise sound judgment, and prioritization of evolving tasks.
- Attend and participate in meetings, audits, workshops, and webinars as necessary.
- Any other duties as directed by division manager and/or director.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of or experience in accounting software preferred.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a team environment are critical.
- Accurate keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time at a computer terminal.
- Professional and appropriate behavior for an office environment.
- May require stooping and bending.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
The Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Clerk of the Court to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.