|Title:||Customer Service Manager|
|Location:||Fort Walton Beach, FL|
|Posting Start Date:||11/26/2018|
|Salary Range:||Base level starting salary - $52,000|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posting End Date:||12/14/2018|
General Description of the Position:
The purpose of this class is to provide oversight to line staff, and is responsible for assisting the Clerk of Court in achieving the objectives of the organization. Additionally, this position provides leadership, management and vision to ensure proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and appropriate staff are in place resulting in financial strength and operating efficiency. Managers participate in strategic planning, administer and implement directives and policy decisions of the Clerk and reports directly to the Operations Director.
Essential Job Functions:
The list of essential functions as outlined herein is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- In cooperation with the leadership team, reviews legislative changes, analyzes, develops plans of implementation, ensures compliance with existing laws, rules, and regulations, and enforces same.
- Demonstrates organizational culture, and requires adherence to the Clerk’s Policies, Procedures, Mission, Vision and Beliefs. Aligns actions with organizational values.
- In cooperation with the leadership team, suggests, plans, and implements policies, procedures and objectives to ensure continuing operations and to increase productivity.
- Responsible for the measurement of effectiveness of all processes (internal and external) within the area of responsibility.
- Supervises the employees within the area of responsibility to ensure adherence to exceptional customer service standards, deadlines, proper procedures, and correcting errors or problems.
- Supervises line staff, including career development, bench strength and succession planning, recommending applicant selection, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, disciplining or recommending termination.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Review and analyze statistics pertaining to work activity within the department, including quality and quantity of production to verify details, and evaluate performance of the department.
- Updates Clerk’s website in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Communicates timely, accurate and complete information to their Director regarding operational issues within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Leads and/or participates in management meetings, conferences, workshops, professional meetings and other events.
- Accountable for departmental responsibilities and coordination of function among divisions and locations.
- In cooperation with leadership team, implements corrective action plans to solve departmental problems.
- Interpret and explain policies, rules, regulations, or laws to organizations, government or corporate officials, or individuals.
- Provides inter-departmental support through team-oriented approach to satisfy organizational needs.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget by compiling and analyzing statistical data and gathering information for functional operational requirements.
- Consistent and predictable attendance required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, paralegal or related area preferred. Five years’ experience with a local governmental entity or legal profession. Three years’ experience in a management or supervisory position. A comparable amount of training, experience and/or education may be substituted for the minimum qualification.
- Graduate of the Certified Public Manager (CPM) program or the ability to successfully complete the program as soon as practicable.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to interpret and explain laws, statutes, regulations and other directives.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work of the team.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
The Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Clerk of the Court to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.